BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
This volunteer opportunity is to provide safe transportation of VETERANS to their medical appointments at Castle Point and Montrose VA facilities. Drivers are expected to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the vehicle and will be given proper equipment for safety measures.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- CDB Preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Able to interact with co-workers and passengers in a friendly and culturally sensitive manner
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
Mission Statement The mission of BRIDGES is to provide advocacy and leadership toward an accessible, integrated community, promoting health and autonomy for people with disabilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete all paperwork prior to every trip including sign out log and vehicle trip report
- Ability to record confidential information of each Veteran
- Comply with all federal, state and local traffic regulations
- Refuel vehicles when needed and keep them with a minimum of ¼ tank of gas
- Provide transportation to Veterans and people with disabilities to ensure they arrive for their appointment prior to their scheduled time.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of passengers
- Have a compassionate and respectful attitude towards all passengers