Pro-Youth Pre-Employment Transition Services (ETS) is designed to engage students with disabilities in job exploration at an early age. Our goal is to assist students with identifying career interests to be further explored through additional Pro-Youth services, including transition services. Through collaboration with our local community partners in schools, local colleges, non-profit organizations and established businesses we are able to effectively provide career readiness training, as well as assistance with college prep.
Fall Pro-Youth Pre-ETS Sessions
Complete assessments on interests/values/strengths, explore career pathways and examine the labor market and qualifications.
Develop skills that employers seek such as communication, teamwork, interviewing, resume building, and more.
Visit worksites, conduct informational interviews or participate in volunteer opportunities to gain hands-on knowledge and experience.
Explore different educational options, learn about available services, and practice skills for transitioning to post-secondary education.
Enhance ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, or assert one's interests/needs and promote positive self-image.
• Must identify as a student with a disability
• Must currently be enrolled in an educational program
• Can't have an open case with ACCES-VR
• Between ages 14-21
• Lives within Rockland County or Westchester
• Proof of disability (IEP, Medical Documentation or currently on a 504 plan)
• Is eligible for and receiving special education or related services under IDEA
• No minimum IQ required
• Must be able to work independently.
(845) 624-1366 Ext. 107