SAMSHA RE-ENTRY DIRECTOR:This position is responsible for the daily operations of the SAMHSA Re-Entry Program
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field with
(minimum of 3 years’ experience in Criminal Justice and/or Human Services)
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be able to travel locally and regionally for meetings.
- Certified Interactive Journaling and Ready, Set, Work! (RSW!) Facilitator
(may be completed after hire)
- Understanding of NICs’ Transition from Prison to Community Model
- Ability to communicate with Behavioral Health providers, County and state agencies, specifically Parole and Probation Officers.
- Understanding of SAMHSA, DOCCS, and local County Corrections regulations/ language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite office products
- Satisfactory background check required Candidate will be required to disclose associations and/or family members currently incarcerated or under any type of Community Supervision in NYS
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Efficient with Time Management
- Duties & ResponsibilitiesGeneral
- All responsibilities for this position should be carried out with the Mission and Goals of the agency in mind; including interactions with people who come to us for assistance, members of the public, representatives from other agencies and county offices, as well as with co-workers in daily office functioning.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforce adherence to requirements, and advise management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensure work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines.
- Effectively and professionally interact with all levels of associates.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, observation, analytical, problem-recognition and problem solving skills.
- Reasonable duties as assigned.
- Supervise and create professional development goals for SAMHSA Re-Entry personnel
- Meet for weekly supervisory meetings and internal case conferences and guidance
- Engage appropriate state and local partners to provide benefits, services and community level support that address criminogenic and stabilization needs of persons served
- Coordinate case-managed services to individuals for successful community Re-Entry of those released from state and local correctional facilities
- Schedule case conferencing meetings with appropriate agency representatives
- Attend all webinars, meetings and trainings related to SAMSHA programming
- Complete administrative reports for submission to SAMSHA by established due dates.
- Advocate for persons re-entering community when appropriate
- Create and implement systems changes as needed
- Additional duties and responsibilities per Supervisor as needed