POSITION TITLE: Rehabilitation Specialist (Full Time)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Rehabilitation Therapists provide instruction and guidance in adaptive independent living skills, enabling adults who are blind and visually impaired to confidently carry out their daily activities. The RT provides training in the home or in an appropriate community setting. Individual or group lessons and may include: home management, personal management, communication and education, financial management, keyboarding and Braille.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment and evaluation of clients’/consumers’ needs in home, community, educational, and vocational environments
- Developing individualized Vision Rehabilitation Therapy plans in conjunction with the consumer
- Teaching adaptive skills needed for independent living in areas of personal management, household management, communication, education, leisure activities, orientation and movement in the indoor environment, and use of low vision devices and training techniques
- Case management and record keeping
- Identification and utilization of community and national resources
- Utilization of community support services; Facilitation of psychosocial adjustment to vision loss.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Occupation Therapy or Rehabilitation and be ACVREP certified in Rehabilitation Teaching within one year of hire. Fluent in English and Spanish a plus
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be able to travel locally and regionally for appointments.
- Person-Centered, relationship builder, persistent, provides positive reinforcement when appropriate, empowering, creative, flexible, self-motivated, liaison skills, non-judgmental approach, organizational skills
- Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel policies, HIPAA and all procedures
- Establishes and maintains a strong attention to detail, insuring work is accurate and complete, and adheres to all established deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Send resume to Sue Cibirka email@example.com