Program Specialist: Specialty :Consumer-Directed Personal Assistance Services – Personal Assistant Enrollment & Compliance Specialist
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
BRIDGES acts as a Fiscal Intermediary in a NY State Agency with Choice model, that allows people with disabilities who are Medicaid and long term care eligible to recruit, interview, hire, train and dismiss their own employee known as a Personal Assistant (PA).
The Program Specialist assumes responsibility for all pre and post-employment activities related to consumers hiring their Personal Assistants in the CDPA program. The Program Specialist reviews and submits, as appropriate, claims related to unemployment, workers compensation, or short term disability. S/He will enroll PA’s into the various web based and other databases to ensure compliance. This individual will ensure all payroll requirements are met.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Familiarity with the overall concept of Medicaid and the home care industry
- Familiarity with the Independent Living Philosophy and CDPA
- Able to speak another language other than English
- Capable of communicating with and in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally for meetings and worker enrollments when needed
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Effective and collaborative team player
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage.
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse exclusion check
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct new PA enrollments and ensure all documentation is completed in accordance with DOH and DOL regulations to ensure individual, by statute, can deliver services
- Ensures that PA PTO accruals are kept and recorded appropriately and that he/she receives documentation that approves the paid time off for each PA.
- Communicate to increase direct deposit enrollment for PA’s.
- Respond timely to payroll tasks and inquiries
- Monitor, review and report incidents and claims related to PA leave, injury, or termination of employment
- Monitor PA exclusion reports
- Monitor health assessment compliance for each PA
- Facilitate community outreach at key locations and designated events
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry
- Facilitate consistent learning and development on DOH and DOL standards to ensure program compliance
- Monitor and communicate with staff and participants regarding information that may affect the status of a personal assistant, including; health assessment status, Medicaid exclusion, work permit or ID expiration, etc., to ensure compliance
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service/trainings
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensuring work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Additional duties as assigned