POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
SPECIALTY: Consumer-Directed Personal Assistance Services
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
BRIDGES acts as a Fiscal Intermediary in a NY State Agency with Choice model, that allows people with disabilities who are Medicaid and long term care eligible to recruit, interview, hire, train and dismiss their own employee known as a Personal Assistant (PA).
The Program Assistant serves as the first point of contact for referrals, Consumers and Personal Assistants for the CDPA program. S/He will have excellent communication and organization skills. The applicant for this position must be customer service driven and wiling to deliver the highest quality of care to our Consumers. Our ideal candidate should have experience working with the disability community or have a medical administrative background.
- An Associate’s Degree (A. A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Familiarity with the overall concept of Medicaid and the current health care environment
- Familiarity with the Independent Living Philosophy and CDPA
- Spanish speaking required
- Capable of communicating with and in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Effective and collaborative team player
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage.
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse exclusion check
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the first point of contact for referrals, Consumers and Personal Assistants.
- Maintain on-going communication with CDPA Specialists regarding calls for the CDPA Department.
- Maintain a positive, compassionate, and outgoing personality.
- Strong computer skills for electronic medical management, knowledge of EVV systems a plus.
One year minimum experience working with the disabled community or medical administrative background.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assist Director of Operations when needs arise regarding reporting or consumer records.
- Ability to multi- task, trouble-shoot, and meet deadlines.
- Ensures that questions and concerns are assigned appropriately and that these requests are responded to efficiently.
- Facilitate community outreach at key locations and designated events
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry
- Monitor and communicate with staff and participants regarding information that may affect the status of a self-directed employer including but not limited to: Medicaid eligibility, home care eligibility, hospitalizations, rehabilitation, assisted living, or nursing home admission, relocation and or death to ensure compliance
- Monitor and communicate with staff and participants regarding information that may affect the status of a personal assistant, including; health assessment status, Medicaid exclusion, work permit or ID expiration, etc., to ensure compliance
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service/trainings
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensuring work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Additional duties as assigned