Part-time Driver for Blind and Visually Impaired Adults
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
The Driver will help Blind or Visually Impaired adults get to their medical appointments. Drivers are expected to maintain the cleanliness and safety of vehicles and will be given proper equipment for safety measures.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Escort and guide residents safely to their appointments
- Able to interact with co-workers and passengers in a friendly and culturally sensitive manner
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete all paperwork prior to each trip including sign out log and vehicle trip report
- Track and manage appointments with minimal supervision
- Comply with all federal, state and local traffic regulations
- Refuel vehicle when needed and maintain a minimum of ¼ tank of gas
- Provide transportation to Blind and Visually Impaired adults ensuring they arrive for their appointment prior to their scheduled time
- Ensure the safety and well-being of passengers
- Have a compassionate and respectful attitude towards all passengers
Mission Statement The mission of BRIDGES is to provide advocacy and leadership towards and accessible, integrated community, promoting health and autonomy for people with disabilities.