Veteran Outreach Coordinator
BRiDGES, whose mission is to provide advocacy and leadership in the creation and development of an accessible and integrated community for people with disabilities, so that they may pursue lifestyles of their choice, is seeking a part-time Veteran Outreach Coordinator.
BRiDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
The Veteran Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing information about the Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer Support Program to the veteran community and the community at large. Presentations about the program to service organizations, community groups, fraternal organizations, emergency responders, police departments, fire departments and all other identified groups. Distribution of program materials to hospitals, bars, fraternal organizations, town offices and other identified community outlets. Coordination of events and activities for veterans and/or veterans and their families to spread the word about the Dwyer Program. Maintenance of website, Facebook and other social media outlets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare presentations about the Dwyer Program
Contact Rockland County groups (identified above and beyond) to present material about the Dwyer Program
- Distribute materials about the Dwyer Program throughout Rockland County
- Maintain and update Dwyer website and social media outlets
- Plan and coordinate events and activities for Dwyer participants and their families as well as the Veteran community to engage veterans with the Dwyer program
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establishes and maintains a strong attention to detail, insuring work is accurate and complete, and adheres to all established deadlines
- Effectively and professionally interacts with all levels of associates
Reasonable duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with veterans
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word. Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills required; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Capable of communicating with and culturally sensitive to veterans and individuals with disabilities
- Strong familiarity with veterans issues and supporter of the philosophy of individual empowerment
- Effective and collaborative team player
- Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Candidates must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be clear and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse clearance process
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally for meetings, clean driving record and own transportation required
- Maintain strong work ethics, and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org